Help Us Improve Education in Nepal
[Just want to donate without reading down to the bottom of the page, either click on the green donate button to the right, or here to donate.
In April 2015 a 7.8 magnitude earthquake struck Nepal, causing complete destruction of a number of villages and historical sites across Nepal. As a result, hundreds of thousands of people were made homeless, without critical infrastructure.
Although it has been 18 months since the earthquake, there is still plenty of work to be done as part of the rebuilding efforts, especially for the communities that formed remote villages, some of which were hit the hardest by the earthquake.
The Reach For Nepal foundation was formed in September 2015 as a non-profit, registered Charity that works on the ground in Nepal to provide assistance directly to the Nepali people .
We are different to the majority of charities out there as 99% of all funds raised are used on the ground in Nepal, we don’t use any money donated to us to pay for marketing, staff (we are run by volunteers), travel or fancy stationary. We do use less than 0.1% to pay for our website hosting however.
How You Can Help
Your donation, no matter how large or small will be put directly towards improving education in remote Nepali villages. We help through providing improved school infrastructure and are currently in research mode on how best to provide scholarships to individual students and sports supplies to a range of schools across Nepal.
Some of the recent projects that we have completed with the help of donations include:
- Rebuilding classrooms at Shree Jaldevi Secondary School, see https://reachfornepal.org/projects/rebuilding-classrooms-at-shree-jaldevi-secondary-school-complete/ for more details
- A new classroom for Shaheed Shree Hari Prasad Lower Secondary School, see https://reachfornepal.org/projects/a-new-classroom-for-shaheed-shree-hari-prasad-lower-secondary-school-october-2016/ for more details.
To get started, simply visit out Donate page and donate in less than 30 seconds.
Benefits of Donating to Reach For Nepal
Although it is a relatively poor country, the Nepalese have often been named among the worlds friendliest people by a number of travel surveys over the years. With your donation, you’ll help the kind people of Nepal with the basic necessities of life and help improve schools for many children aged 5-15 in remote Nepali villages.
After you donate, we:
- won’t knock on your door just as you are cooking dinner to ask for more;
- won’t send you a bunch of marketing material to fill up your letterbox (paid for in part by donations)
- won’t ask for you to make it a monthly donation or ask for you to increase your one off donation
- will be very grateful and may even do a little celebratory dance 🙂
To get donate however much you would like, please click on the green button at the top right of this page, or click here to get started on a donation, it will take less than 30 seconds.
We are registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission, to verify this feel free to head over to https://www.acnc.gov.au and search for “Reach For Nepal” (without quotes).